Everyone who has talked to me since I have been here knows that there is nothing to do in this area that does not require a 40 minutes drive. So I have been volunteering up at the girls school a few times a week. This post is going to quote some of the crazy, silly, funny things that my kids and other kids say to me or say while I am there....
1. I told Kylea that I was going to eat lunch with her at least once a week. She said "NOOOOOO! Oh man!" Then I ate lunch with her and she told me "if you are going to eat lunch with me at least surprise me and don't tell me you are coming."
2. Britlyn said "Mrs. Danforth burped today really loud. She said excuse me I just burped and started laughing." I said did you laugh Brit and she said "No I didn't want to get into trouble." Then laughed about it for 2 minutes.
3. There is a little girl in Britlyn's class that says to me every time she sees me "Can I live with you?" I told her no your mom would miss you. She said "One day I will go home with you and the next with my mom." Yesterday she asked again. I finally told her to pack her stuff and she has to bring her own bed...she finally stopped asking at least for the day. We will see what today brings.
4. Britlyn's class...the kids were lining up to go to the bathroom and one black boy said to another "hey dawg move back." Mrs. Danforth said there are no dogs in here we are people. I started laughing for some reason the way she corrects the kids makes me laugh then she started laughing...not good.
5. Britlyn came home one day telling me that today Jaylen said "it's hot up in here." Mrs. Danforth said "up in here or in here? There is no up in here." Britlyn said why do some of the boys talk like that. I said well it is a black thing and they have their own slang like Texans say ain't and other things like that. What a different culture we are living in here in Alabama compared to NRH, Texas.
6. There is a little boy in Kylea's class that likes to pretend all he speaks is Spanish unless it is something that he wants to talk about. If you tell him to do something he says "huh", if you ask him a question he says "huh", everything is "huh." Well yesterday at lunch he was just talking and talking to me in English. I asked him something about Halloween and he answered. Then I told him he had food on his face and it was disgusting he said "huh."
Friday, October 24, 2008
The funny things kids say at school
Posted by Kristinsgirls at 6:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment